People usually make jasmine milk tea with honey and Boba Pearls. The tea contains dark but healthy tapioca pearls that remain at the bottom of your drink. Moreover, people cherish this tea because of its sweet taste and health benefits, including:
- Lower the chances of having heart diseases
- Help’s to fight against diabetes.
- Fights cancer cells
- Boosts immune system
- Help with Stress relief
- Improves Skin Health
I bet you’re excited to know about this historical and delicious drink. So, let’s dive into learning the recipe and benefits of the delightful jasmine pearl tea.
How to Make Jasmine Milk Tea?
The whole thing starts with carefully plucking leaves from the Jasmine vine. Adding plucked jasmine leaves to your tea will give it the fragrant sweetness you want.
These leaves are typically infused with green tea to make delicious jasmine tea. You can prepare jasmine milk tea using tea bags, rolled petals, or loose-leaf.
1) Using Loose Leaf Tea
The recommended form to make the milk tea is to use loose-leaf tea. To get the best flavor for your tea, all you need is a teapot and a strainer.
2) Using Tea Bags
Teabags come from broken leaves and stems. So they should be your last choice for preparing tea unless you can get your hands on tea sachets that have more room for tea leaves.
3) Using Jasmine Pearl Tea
The most expensive jasmine tea form is hand-rolled pearls made up of scented green tea leaves. You can use the tea leaves to make a rich and flavorsome tea.
Delicious Recipe of Jasmine Milk Tea
- 1 tbsp Loose-Leaf Jasmine Tea
- 1/4 Cup Cream or Milk
- 1 tbsp Honey or Sugar
- Fill up your favoriteteapot with water. Heat the teapot till the water starts to boil. If you're in an early morning rush, you should go for an electric teakettle.
- Once the water starts boiling, reduce the flame. Keep the flame at amedium-high and add the jasmine leaves next. Let your tea steep for about 5minutes.
- Now use your preferredstrainer to filter out the tea leaves from the teapot. Pour the remaining clearand fragrant jasmine tea into your cups.
- Add your preffered sweetener and slowly pour in the milk and stir thoroughly and Enjoy!
How to Make Honey Boba
Bubble tea or pearl milk tea, commonly known as Boba tea, originated in Taiwan. It is a trendy drink with two main varieties: A Fruit Infused beverage or a tea Based beverage with milk and honey.
Regardless of the type you prefer, they will contain chewy tapioca pearls or Boba. A wider straw is usually used to drink bubble tea so that you can enjoy chewing a few tapioca pearls with every sip.
The problem with buying tapioca seeds is that it contains sugar and powdered formula. The delicious chewy tapioca pearls don’t have a flavor of their own, so you can add use sweetener.
Delicious Recipe of Jasmine Boba Tea
- 2 tsp Loose Jasmine Green Tea
- 1 Cup Fresh Water
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1/4 Cup Uncooked Tapioca Pearls
- 3 tbsp Milk
- Add the jasmine green tea leaves to a teapot with a filter.
- Heat some water till it starts to boil. Pour the hot water over the tea leaves and let it steep for 2-4 minutes.
- Strain loose tea leaves from the pot and set them aside to cool.
- Combine two tablespoons of hot water with two tablespoons of honey
- Mix until the honey is fully dissolved. Set aside the honey syrup
- Add Boba balls to a pot of boiling water.
- Cover the pot and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Dunk the cooked pearls into a bowl of ice water.
- Drain the ice water. Add the tapioca pearls to the prepared honey syrup, and let it soak for 10-20 minutes to absorb the flavor.
- Take out your favorite cup and add the honey-coated Boba balls to the bottom of the cup.
- Add sugar or honey if you prefer to drink sweet tea. Pour in the jasmine green tea.
- Mix well before adding ice and milk to the cup.
- Stir and revel in the scented jasmine green milk bubble tea.
History of the Jasmine Milk Tea
Jasmine green milk tea is a historical beverage created centuries ago during the Chinese Ming Dynasty. It is a mixture of green tea with flowers like chrysanthemum, orchid, and jasmine.
The blossom from the jasmine flowers is what makes the milk tea one of the most popular scented teas.
Jasmine milk tea is not one of the typical milk teas. But, this tea certainly deserves more popularity. It could be possible for the reason that it lacks color like the other teas.
Jasmine milk tea, made from green tea, usually can also be made using black and white teas. Adding jasmine to tea creates a sweet, fragrant drink with a delicate taste.
6 Amazing Benefits of Jasmine Milk Tea
Jasmine green tea is usually made from a green tea base. The base has high concentrations of antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties.
Green tea has many health benefits that have been widely studied over the years. Below we discussed the benefits in detail:
1) Lower Chances of Heart Diseases
A healthy heart is vital for living a quality life. You can have a lower chance of heart disease if you drink few cups of Jasmine Tea in a day. Moreover, It can help with your heart pumping and lower the risk of heart strokes and heart attacks.
The antioxidant attributes of jasmine tea help to balance your cholesterol levels. Moreover, jasmine contains catechins that can lower LDL cholesterol and inflammation.
2) Fight Against Diabetes
People may have Type2 diabetes if their body can’t produce enough insulin for proper regulation. Your lifestyle choices and genetic factors can also cause it.
Jasmine tea can regulate your insulin levels if you drink the delicious tea regularly. Moreover, the antioxidant properties of the jasmine leaves can control the glucose level.
3) Fights Cancer Cells – Jasmine Tea
Studies show that jasmine tea can help fight cancer cells by targeting free radicals. The pollutants in food and the environment give birth to free radicals, and it leads to cancer.
The rich nutrients of jasmine tea, along with green tea leaves, can prevent deadly diseases.
4) Boost the Immune System
Most of the teas have high inflammatory properties and antioxidants, and so does jasmine tea. The tea boost your immune system and helps you against viruses and cold—the vitamins and minerals of jasmine tea aid your immune system.
A healthier immune system can fight off different infections and illnesses. Jasmine milk tea can surely help you stay strong if you drink it regularly.
5) Helps with Stress Relief
The delightful aroma of jasmine tea helps with relieving stress and anxiety. The aromatic tea has a soothing effect as it calms your nerves and mind.
The delicious tea increases relaxation in your body and helps with your mood swings.
6) Better Skin Health – Jasmine Tea
A healthier skin can boost up your confidence level and make you look beautiful. The essential oils of the jasmine leaves have antibacterial properties. The tea can help you with skin problems like allergies, redness, and eczema.
The antioxidant properties of the tea can reduce aging and help you have flawless-looking skin.
Essential Tips to Keep In Mind
- It’s complicated for honey to dissolve in cold temperatures. So it would help if you mixed in the syrup before adding your milk and ice.
- If you want a dairy-free version, use almond or soy milk.
- Use reusable wide straws instead of plastic.
To wrap it up!
Jasmine Milk Tea is a delicious and sweet drink. People are drinking this beverage for centuries for its aromatic flavor. The aroma and nutrients of the jasmine leaves have a wealth of health benefits. You can enjoy the fantastic benefits of the tea by drinking it daily.
You can make the drink in its traditional form, or you can go for tapioca pearls drink. The jasmine tea is best to enjoy on a summery afternoon as it has calming properties.