Honey Milk Tea or Honey Milk Bubble Tea is the second most consumed beverage in the world after coffee, but do you know how this brew was invented?
According to an old legend, the Chinese Emperor, Shen Nung, was in his garden, drinking a cup of boiled water when a few leaves of the tea plant fell into his container.
Upon tasting the drink, the Emperor found it to be a significant improvement over normal boiling water!
Milk tea is found in many different cultures, and it refers to different types of beverages. Various combinations of tea and milk are used to make teas of different strengths.
The method of preparation and the inclusion of other ingredients like sugar, honey, or cardamom results in different types of milk tea.
Apart from good taste, it also has many health benefits.
Simple Way To Make Honey Milk Tea
- 1 Cup
- 1 Large Glass
- 2 tea bags Orange pekoe
- 1 cup Boiling water
- 5 cubes Ice
- 4 teaspoons Condensed milk
- 3 teaspoons Honey
- Let the tea bags soak in the cup of boiling water for about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Discard the teabag before moving on to the next step. honey.
- Let the tea cool, or the ice you add in the next steps will melt.
- Use a large glass or a cocktail shaker for this step.
- Combine the honey, sweetened condensed milk, and ice and mix well.
- You can adjust the amount of honey you want to add to your tea.
- Next, pour in the tea. Shake well and enjoy an excellent strong-flavored milk tea with
Health Benefits of Drinking Honey Milk Tea
Our love affair with processed sugar is dangerous. It puts us at risk of type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
Natural Honey is an excellent source of carbohydrates, and it makes the drink sweeter without adding any preservatives to it. The powerful antioxidants present in honey make the skin clear by eliminating toxins from the body. Thus, it results in brighter skin.
A single serving of honey contains more calories than sugar! But using fresh, organic honey boosts the level of antioxidants in our body. This improves our health by making it easier for our bodies to fight diseases.
Different types of honey can be used with different varieties of tea for their health benefits and a better taste as well! So Enjoy the warm cup or accompany it with additional elements like sugar, honey, or lemon.
Orange blossom honey goes well with most teas. Blueberry honey pairs well with most English breakfast teas and the famous Earl Grey tea. Milk sage honey goes well with mint tea. Buckwheat honey pairs well with herbal teas.
Therefore, many people these days are switching to using honey for their milk tea instead of sweeteners like sugar.
An Important Tip:
Add some fresh lemon juice to intensify the flavor of your tea and to get the health benefits of vitamin C!
Caution for Adding Honey:
We should never add honey to boiling water. This is because the high temperature of the boiling water destroys the chemical structure of honey. Thus, making it poisonous to consume.
Simple Way to Make Honey Milk Bubble Tea
- 1 Cup
- 1 Glass
- 1 Saucepan
- 1 Cup Tapioca pearls
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1 Teabag Orange pekoe
- 1/2 Tablespoon Orange zest
- 1 Cup Milk
- Prepare the boba balls as per the instructions on the packing.
- Coat the tapioca pearls using one tablespoon of honey.
- Place the tea bags and the orange zest in a large bowl.
- Pour boiling water into the bowl enough to submerge the teabags.
- Let it steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain and discard the tea bags and the zest.
- Squeeze out the maximum amount of water.
- Empty the remaining honey into the bowl and mix until it dissolves.
- Add 1 cup (125 ml) of cold water.
- Place the tapioca pearls at the bottom of a tall glass.!
- Pour your tea into the glass.
- Add milk. Serve with wide-mouth straws and enjoy
2 Important Tips To Keep In Mind:
- Any type of tea can be used to make honey milk bubble tea!
- You can find tapioca pearls (boba) in any grocery store.
In this blog, we discussed almost everything about honey milk tea and honey milk bubble tea. We have discussed the method to prepare this amazing & delicious honey milk tea. Later we have seen some ways to sweeten the tea.
I hope you have liked the recipe for this amazing tea. If yes then we would like to see your views about it in the comment section below.