From the royal archives of Japanese Cuisine like Royal Milk Tea, We present to you is Hokkaido Milk Tea. In this article, we’ll learn more about its origin, flavor, and ingredients.
If you want something from Chinese and British cuisine, then the answer is Hokkaido Milk Tea. This exquisite yet simple beverage has many everyday ingredients.
This milk tea is a new chapter from the Japanese cuisine archives. Let us discover more about this flavorsome delicacy of Japan:
What Is Hokkaido Milk Tea?
Hokkaido is well-known for its dairy produce and widespread agriculture. The province of Hokkaido is not as populous as the other provinces of Japan.
The tourists who visit Japan and are fond of some quality tea, then this area welcomes them.
In the west, it is mistaken for Boba tea or air pocket tea. It is because the refreshment may contain tapioca pearls. Boba is a refreshment from Taiwan, whereas Hokkaido tea is of Japanese origin.
Hokkaido Milk Tea Recipe
- 1 - ½ cup black tea.
- ¼ - ½ cup Hokkaido milk,
- 2 tbsp sweetener.
- Tapioca Balls (Optional).
- First, take a medium-sized saucepan. Pour water and boil it.
- Please wait for the water to boil; as it reaches 100 degrees Celsius, add loose leaf black tea.
- After a while, set the heat to a low setting and let the leaves simmer for 1 - 3 minutes to get your desired flavor. The key here is that the longer the tea steeps, the stronger the flavor will emerge out in the tea to enjoy.
- Add milk and let it bubble for 1 - 3 minutes.
- The next step is essential. Pour hot water into the teacups. Once the teacups are warm enough, discard the water in the cups.
- Now, take a fine mesh strainer and strain the tea mixture.
- You can add brown sugar, honey, or caramel syrup to sweeten the taste.
Composition of Hokkaido Milk Tea
Hokkaido Milk Tea comes with many dark teas like Darjeeling, Assam, and Earl Grey. To sweeten the taste, you can use caramel syrup or dark-colored sugar. You can also toss in tapioca pearls for extra quality and flavor.
The Hokkaido milk tea has a distinctive aroma and a taste that is a treat for its consumers. This specialty is famous in countries like Singapore, the United States, and Korea.
Each region gives Hokkaido milk tea a touch of their cuisine, bringing up new types of this beverage.
Hokkaido Milk Tea Taste Experience
This particular beverage promises a flavorsome experience for the person who drinks it. Hokkaido milk tea yields a robust taste that has a velvety texture.
This tea offers hearty and broiled flavors due to the presence of dark tea.
To make this sweet beverage much liberal. Some tea sellers include a touch of dessert or a drop of coconut oil in the mix.
All that we discussed thill now was an appetizer. Now let’s learn to make yourself a tasty, aromatic Hokkaido tea. You may like to try the mushroom tea recipe I tried last week, and believe me, it was the best encounter of my life.
Effects Of Hokkaido Milk Tea on Health
Excess use of anything could be harmful to you, no matter how beneficial it is. Here are some benefits along with some detrimental effects of taking Hokkaido milk tea in access.
4 Benefits of Hokkaido Milk Tea
There are many benefits of this tea because of the ingredients used in its preparation.
- First of all, You can prevent oxidation by using it. It is also used as an anti-aging commodity.
- It plays an essential role in the healthy functioning of the cardiovascular system.
- Many people use it for weight reduction.
- The ingredients used to prepare this tea are very healthy. They play a vital role in strengthening the digestive and immune systems.
2 Common Side effects of Hokkaido Milk Tea
“But, excess of anything can be harmful to the proper functioning of the human body. Hokkaido tea consumed in the excess amount can affect your health.”
- Tea leaves contain an ingredient called caffeine. It can cause dizziness, hypertension, and in some cases, insomnia.
- There can also be reactions to different medicines. Consult a doctor in that case.
3 Perfect Places To Enjoy A Sip of Hokkaido Milk Tea In Japan
As the Japanese are the pioneer of Hokkaido milk tea, they often enjoy their taste in their homes. But if you are a tourist, then there are a lot of destinations waiting to welcome you.
Following are the places where you can sit, relax, and enjoy the magic of this milk tea:
1. Tea Salon Gclef (Kichijoji)
Tea Salon Gclef teashop is the priority of people who like regal from Hokkaido milk tea. Their menu also offers a variety of delicious waffles, scones, and teatime sweets.
Even though the tea is costly, its quality is what makes it worth paying.
2. Kenyan (Shibuya)
Kenyan has been a favorite of the local population for countless years. The teashop has earned a certification from the Japanese Black Tea Association.
When traveling through the Shibuya region, you might want to try all the types of milk tea they provide.
3. Chunsuitan (Daikanyama)
The Chunsuitan has its branches all over Japan. A significant chunk of the customers who visit the cafe has positive things to say about it. As they offer a wide range of delicious beverages, and this delicious tea is one of them.
The uniqueness of Chunsuitan lies in the method they use to prepare this tea. They fuse the rich, creamy taste of the tea with nutritious fruit and with Japanese Matcha tea.
Why Is Hokkaido Tea Better Than other Teas?
The magic which attracts people lies in its rich, smooth, and creamy flavor. So, not only the people of Hokkaido but people from all over Japan are fond of its taste.
Japanese tea milk impresses people due to its unique blending and fatty ingredients. It is a delicacy that is a chapter on Japanese milk tea. It is a trendy beverage among the Japanese and also among some other notable countries of the world.
As there are some pretty good benefits, there are some side effects too.
We are sure that you are planning to make this fantastic tea at your home. If you ever intend to visit Japan, you must enjoy a cup of Hokkaido milk tea there. Please tell us in the comments segment below after giving this tea a try.