How to Make Shroom Tea – Best Way To Make Mushroom Tea in 2022
The most important factor behind the good or bad taste of tea is “How Do You Make The Tea” and the same goes for shroom tea.
As the popularity of mushroom tea AKA shroom tea is increasing day by day. So, people wandering to know how to make shroom tea.
In this guide, we’ve added a 7 steps simple recipe to make an accurate & classy cup of magic mushroom tea. Also, we’ve added the answers to frequently asked questions by the tea lovers community.
Popular Mushroom Tea Recipes
1) How To Make Basic Mushroom Tea
- 1 Pan
- 1 Teapot
- 1 Mug
- Crushed or Chopped Mushroom
- 1 cup water
- Honey or Sugar (add according to your taste)
- A few drops of Lemon Juice
- Pour a mug of water into a pan and let the water boil.
- Place crushed or chopped mushrooms in a teapot.
- Pour the boiled water over the chopped or crushed Mushroom in the teapot.
- Let the Mushroom sit for 15 to 20 minutes, and stir.
- Pour the ready tea into the mug by using a water filter so the Mushroom cannot fall into the cup.
- Add Honey or Sugar to give your tea a taste of your choice.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice to this delicious shroom tea.
2) Reishi Mushroom Tea
- 1 Saucepan
- 1 Cup
- 8-10 Reishi Mushroom Slices
- Peppermint Fresh or Teabag
- Lemon and Honey (optional)
- Put mushroom in the boiling water and steep for 7 minutes.
- Turn the flame low and add peppermint. Steep for another 3 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and add lemon and honey for taste.
3) Chaga/Birch Mushroom Tea
- 1 Large Pot / Kettle
- 1 Cup
- 2 Cups Hot Water
- Fresh Chaga or Chaga Teabag
- For the preparation, you have to grind Chaga mushrooms into fine powder.
- Alternatively, Chaga tea bags can be used.
- Heat water in a large pot or kettle.
- Add the fine Chaga powder to the boiling water.
- Steep for 5-7 minutes.
- Pour In a cup and enjoy.
4) Iced Shroom Tea
- 1 Container
- 1 Cup
- Sugar, Brown Sugar or Honey
- Lemon Juice
- Black Tea
- Ice Cubes
- Put the water on the stove and let it boil.
- Let the water cool for a moment or so.A
- Add the water into a container that contains chopped or crushed mushrooms.
- Add Tea bags to the container.
- Stir it for 5 to 10 minutes and remove the tea bags from the container.
- Add White, Brown Sugar, or Honey.
- Add lemon juice to the mixture.
- Steep the mixture into a container that you can put in the freezer.
- Put the container in the freezer for an hour.
- Add Ice Cubes.
- Pour the Iced Shroom Tea into your cup and enjoy your favorite iced version of it.
1) How to Make Tea with Raw Mushroom?
It will help if you have raw mushroom truffles to make this tea because they’ll add a tea’s delicate taste. For a refined taste, you can add other ingredients like honey or cinnamon to the tea.
Below we mentioned the five steps to brew the raw shroom tea:
- Buy quality mushrooms and weigh the proper amount according to your required dosage.
- Cut the shroom into tiny pieces and put them in a pot. Try to keep the surface area of the shroom small to infuse in the water to make a perfect tea.
- Add two tablespoons of lemon juice to the shroom and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Boil the water until it starts bubbling, and then let it cool for a few minutes. Add the water into the shroom and let it steep for 20 minutes.
- Add honey to the tea according to your taste.
2) How To Make Mushroom Tea With Powder?
Powdered Mushroom is an excellent option to brew a perfect cup of shroom tea.
Below we mentioned the five steps to brew the powdered shroom tea:
- Add two tablespoons of lemon, shroom powder, and some ginger to a pot.
- Pour the boiled water into a pot with the ingredients and stir the mixture.
- Steep the tea for at least 20 minutes before drinking it.
3) How Long to Steep Mushroom Tea?
There is a choice while steeping the mushroom tea. The minimum time for brewing this tea is 10 minutes. This is the first step. The active ingredients of mushrooms get dissolved in this step.
Some people go for a single step only and strain the mushrooms out or eat it. In another way, you can brew your mushroom tea for another 10 minutes. Brewing ensures the extraction of psychedelic compounds.
There is a myth that boiling water inactivates psychoactive ingredients. The truth is, that psilocybin remains firm at 100℃. Thus, brewing for 20 minutes is an ideal time to steep the mushroom tea. Otherwise, you may lose a little psilocybin.
4) How Much Birch Mushroom Needed for a Cup of Tea?
Birch Mushrooms are known as Chaga mushrooms grown on birch trees. So, ground the birch mushroom into a fine powder and make the tea.
- One cup of tea requires only 2 to 3 teaspoons of Chaga powder.
- Boil the water and pour it into the cup over the Chaga powder.
- Brew the tea for 10 to 15 minutes, then remove the steeper, and a cup of birch tea is ready to serve.
5) How to Make Mushroom Tea with Cacao Powder?
For this purpose, you need a mushroom tea base. Put some mushrooms aside after cutting them into smaller pieces.
- Take the warm water but not boil it. Add the mushroom chunks and let the mixture steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain this tea and prepare to make cacao slur or powder.
- Take 30 to 50 beans preserving. Smash these beans with a piece of wood after putting them in a zipper bag.
- Now remove the beans onto a plate and separate the light skin with the help of a hair drier. Keep in mind that set the hair drier to the lowest speed to blow only soft skin rather than the beans.
- Now grind these skinless beans in a coffee grinder. 3 or 4 grinds are enough; otherwise, over-grinding will generate heat.
- Then transfer these grounded beans into the manual stone grinder to have smooth cacao powder.
- Meanwhile, your mushroom tea is cool enough up to 4℃. This is the ideal state to mix cacao powder into mushroom tea. Stir the tea to blend it properly.
Add the sweetener if you need it, and enjoy the cacao-enhanced mushroom tea.
6) How to Make Mushroom Tea with Dried Mushrooms?
Infuse the dried mushrooms in hot water. Dissolve the dried powder if available. After this infusion, you will get mushroom extract and its flavor alongside healthy benefits. For instance, shiitake tea is usually prepared with dried mushrooms by this method.
7) How to Make Mushroom Tea with Fresh Mushrooms?
There is an effortless way to prepare tea with fresh mushrooms. Boil the water in a pot and put it aside. Now add the fresh shrooms to it. You can also add any teabag of your choice. Keep it for 15 minutes along with stirring. Now strain the water, and shroom tea is ready to serve.
8) How to make mushroom tea more potent?
To enhance the potency of mushroom tea, you can add orange, lemon, or any citrus to the shroom tea. This will enhance not only the flavor but also the potency. The acidic nature of citrus initiates the psilocybin metabolism even before you take the first sip.
Thus, you will get a faster and more potent psilocybin effect.
9) How do You Make Birch Polypore Tea?
Clean the mushroom and prepare it to add water. Let it simmer to release all active medicinal components in hot water. Now boil the water and then let it simmer and add birch polypore. Birch polypore tea is ready to drink or saved for further use. Mushroom tea has multiple uses like weight loss and releasing stress.
Only simmer the tea for 15 to 20 minutes; more than that, the taste will become too bitter.
10) What Can You Add to Make Mushroom Tea Taste Better
You can add different flavors to make the shroom tea taste better. Add some honey and ginger for a better taste. You can also add lemon to make the taste more delicious. However, lemon will also help to convert psilocybin to psilocin faster.
Making Mushroom Tea Using Different Tools
We will show you making shroom tea with different tools and utensils at home.
11) How to Make Shroom Tea in a Coffee Maker?
It is somehow simple to make shroom tea in a coffee maker. Just add water to a coffee pot. Then grind the mushrooms into fine powder if possible. Add this powder to the coffee maker and put it on the heating pad.
You can also add tea bags of your choice to the coffee holder. Close it and turn on the heating pad. Once the coffee maker is done, keep it for 5 minutes. Then stir the shroom tea and let it cool and stir again. Shroom tea is now ready to serve.
12) How do I make shroom tea in a French Press?
If you want to make mushroom tea in a French press:
- Take the boiling water for it.
- Add mushroom tea as per serving in the French press bottom side.
- Pour the boiling water into it and stir properly to make the tea mixture.
Let the French press steep the tea for about 5 minutes. Again add the remaining boiling water over it. Stir it well ad let the tea steep for some more minutes. Pour your tea into a mug and enjoy.
13) How to make mushroom tea in a jar?
This is an effortless way to make shroom tea. Add some crushed shrooms into the jar and add the boiling water. Stir the mixture and add the tea bags too. Now stir this exclusive blend for 10 minutes. Remove the tea bags and drop lemon in them.
Place this mixture in the freezer, and your iced shroom tea is ready.
Is Experience Different?
As we discussed earlier, there is a major difference between consuming psilocybin in a tea vs directly eating it.
In a tea, you can make its taste better by adding lemon and ginger. It also increases the benefits of mushroom tea. The addition of lemon juice in mushroom tea, may enhance digestion and reduce nausea.
Moreover, it may increase the trip as well. Also, you can add hibiscus, ashwagandha, and licorice root to make your mushroom tea taste better.
If you eat raw mushrooms, then the trip might be stronger. It can be difficult to handle for a first-timer.
Health Benefits of Shroom Tea
People from around the world consider fresh mushrooms a healthy food. These Fresh Mushrooms are enriched with antioxidants and fiber. When you put mushrooms in the sunlight, they become a source of Vitamin D. Vitamin D is suitable for your bones and immune. The funny thing is that your dog can also try tea, so you can say it’s pet-friendly.
Drinking this tea is best for your health, like Hokkaido milk tea. The following are the four most notable benefits of this tea:
- This magic tea helps in treating diabetes.
- It makes the heart muscles strong by controlling the cholesterol level.
- This tea prevents and fights against cancer germs.
- Mushroom Tea heals injuries; it is natural healing medicine for any wound.
- The psychoactive compound known as psilocybin found in the magic shroom is suitable for treating depression.
- The tea is not addictive; instead, it can treat problems like cocaine addiction.
- One more thing I want to discuss with you is the consumption of mushroom tea in higher amounts and wrong time can also result in side effects.
The Bottom Line!
No doubt that mushroom tea is one of the most delicious drinks. Also, there are many other kinds of mushrooms that you can use to make shroom tea.
Many medicinal mushrooms like reishi, shiitake, and maitake are best for cancer prevention. The tea has many health benefits, and it’ll be ideal for your overall well-being.