Tea lovers love to drink tea every day. But most of them don’t know that, how long does brewed tea last?
Many people like to make an extra pitcher of iced tea beforehand, to enjoy it in hot summer. But they don’t know how long it will stay good in taste. Also, they are seeking perfect ways to store it.
What Will I Learn?
Let’s dive deep into it to find out the answers to your all questions in this article.
How Long Does Brewed Tea Last
Your brewed tea will last just for 2 – 5 days in the refrigerator. After that, your tea will start growing bacteria. Make sure that you are using an airtight container to store the tea.
If you simply put it in the plastic container with a wrap over it, then it will lose its taste. An airtight container will keep the flavor as it is without exposing it to other fragrant foods in the refrigerator.
3 Easy Ways to Store Brewed Tea
Once brewed, the life expectancy of tea reduces very quickly. The tea could have lasted up to six months in unbrewed form, but after brewing, it can only last up to five days that too in a fridge.
On the other hand, If the brewed tea is stored accurately in a Freezer, it will be safe and best to use for a long time. Sometimes, the tea can change its color or aroma, but it will be fine in the freezer so, no need to worry about it.
Here is the guide to store your brewed tea in three different methods.
1) How Long Does Brewed Tea at Room Temperature
We often make tea for ourselves, leave it in a room, and completely forget that we made tea. After some time, we see the drink and realize that we have made a mistake.
Let us guide you that brewed tea can be stored at room temperature for up to 7 hours. So, if you find your tea after a couple of hours, then you can still reheat and drink it. There is no harm in that.
That’s how you may enjoy your tea without the hustle to remake the tea.
2) How Long Does Brewed Tea Last in Fridge
To do that, make sure to store your tea in an airtight container so that any microbes or vegetable smell would not enter into your tea. In this way, the tea can last up to 5 days.
In this way, you may enjoy your perfect cup of tea according to your timetable and without brewing it multiple times.
3) How Long Does Brewed Tea Last at Freezer
This method is effective if your tea is not widely available in the market. As you find it challenging to find your tea, it is better that once brewed; you would store it in your freezer.
The procedure is the same as the fridge. It would be best if you had an airtight container so that any harmful particles would not enter into your mixture. After that, store it in a freezer. In this way, you would be able to use it for up to 5 months.
In this way, you can enjoy your favorite flavor or type of tea for a more extended period without having to focus on the side effects of frozen tea. Because if you store your tea the right way, you are very safe to drink and enjoy its taste for up to six months.
Benefits of Storing Brewed Tea
Here are some of the great health benefits of storing brewed tea:
- You may drink cold tea as a regular beverage whenever you like. It is a perfect substitute for water if you are on a diet or doing challenging exercises to reduce your weight.
- Cold tea is also rich in antioxidants, and it certainly is beneficial for your body. It cleans your body from the inside, thereby removing any harmful toxins deposited in your body. Therefore adding it to your diet helps you in many ways.
- The brewed tea is richly beneficial for your skin and organs as it detoxifies your body on the whole. You will get relief from many common skin problems like acne, eczema, dark spots, and other issues.
- Blood circulation gets very smooth because of its daily use as brewed tea opens the clots of your veins, thereby improving the heart and brain’s health, which is a necessity for human life.
- Its daily usage greatly approves bone density as it contains essential nutrients that are beneficial for the bones. Thus, daily consumption gives the very much needed bone power to you.
- This tea is also essential for your digestive system’s health, and it helps improve your stomach health so that you would be able to absorb many crucial vitamins from your daily food intake.
- The brewed tea is way better than regular drinks and sodas as they contain sugars that are harmful to the human body.
- Of course, you can control the sugar level in your tea as well, but its natural taste is an excellent relief from extra weight, and it gives you a chance to live a healthy life.
How to Keep Brewed Tea Last Long?
Every tea’s life is different, so it is difficult to say how long tea will stay fresh. But you can keep your favorite loose leaf tea fresh for a long time.
- If you want to keep brewed tea last longer, you need to store it properly. An airtight jar or container is the best choice in every case as it keeps the original taste of tea intact.
- If you want to enjoy your tea for a long time, do not add any sugar or artificial flavors. This is because sugars allow bacteria and other pathogens to multiply.
- Keep the tea away from water, heat, light, or moisture. The aroma and the taste of the tea will remain fresh for up to two years.
- While brewing your tea, make sure to make it strong as it will take more time for stronger tea to lose its taste.
- Please do not open the packaging or container too often, as it will destroy the taste of your tea.
- Store the Iced Tea in the fridge if you want to enjoy tea’s natural and fresh flavor and aroma. Storing tea in a freezer can be a good option as well.
- Tea is absorbent to odor. To use tea for a more extended period, try to keep your tea away from any smell like fish odor that could destroy its taste.
In this article, we have explained to you how tea can be saved in different ways. The stored tea can last longer, from 5 days to 5 months. There are many ways to save tea and enjoy it for a longer time.
If you’re a tea lover, you must try the methods mentioned earlier to consume the brewed tea for a more extended period without having to worry if it remains healthy or not.
We have explained to you in detail the ways, benefits, and tips to store your tea the right way and live a happy and wonderful life full of its services.
So, what are you waiting for? Enjoy your very own brewed tea with much longer life.