As a tea enthusiast, you might have heard about the numerous health benefits of green tea in the tea community.
This article will let you know how to brew green tea. So, you can get plenty of health benefits such as weight loss, skin health, and more. So, you can get plenty of health benefits such as weight loss, skin health, and more. Also, the delicious taste and smell of green tea will make you fall in love with it.
So, let’s explore it to get the most out of it.
Green Tea Recipe
- 1 Saucepan
- 2 Cups
- 1 Tablespoon
- 10 oz water
- 1 tbsp Green tea leaves.
- sweetener (as per taste) or Honey
- For having an ideal flavor, use filtered or fresh spring water and boil it till it reaches 195 degrees Fahrenheit or 90 degrees Celsius. If you don’t have a thermometer, you can still get it by letting boiling water cool for 1.5 minutes.
- Now add the water from Tea Kettle to your Teapot. Remember to pour only about 9-10 ounces of hot water. Now add the green tea leaves in water.
- Allow it a couple of minutes to settle and let the water to catch the aroma and taste of the green tea.
- Now filter out the tea leaves from the mixture and add any sweeteners if you want. Enjoy your green tea.
6 Great Tips on How to Brew Green Tea
As we all know there are numerous health benefits of green tea. you too can improve your mental and physical health by following our tips to brew green tea.
- For the ideal cup of green tea, you need filtered water or spring water because the boiled water can disturb the green tea.
- Always heat your water at the right temperature because it will give you the right balance of amino acids, which gives your green tea a flavor and sweetness.
- The perfect temperature can range from 170°F to 200°F; you can easily measure your water temperature by using the thermometer or checking it through your eyes.
- The exact amount of time you need to steep it depends on your choice, what type of color you like, and what kind of taste you want. If you are using small leaves, they will infuse faster than the large leaves.
- The exact amount of time to steep your green tea is one to three minutes.
- Don’t forget to take a big cup or teapot because the green tea leaves want ample space because the tea leaves absorb the water double in size, and using a filter will help you separate the green tea leaves from your perfect green tea.
Benefits of Rightly Brewed Green Tea
Green tea contains antioxidants, catechins, amino acids, and flavonoids. Which are beneficial for your health. It may prevent heart attack, stroke, and various harmful diseases.
So, check out some amazing health benefits of perfectly brewed green tea. Green tea shares several benefits with matcha tea and earl grey tea.
1) Prevents Cancer:
Green tea has antioxidants, and antioxidants can help to protect you from oxidative damage. Oxidative damage leads to chronic inflammation, which can lead to chronic diseases, including cancer. Green tea is a fantastic source of antioxidants.
2) Removes Bad Breath:
Bad breath is something that makes you feel less confident, and the people in your soundings also feel uncomfortable, but yeah, it’s not your fault at all.
Having a cup of green tea or chamomile tea may help you reduce the bad breath problem because bad breath comes from bacteria that stay in your mouth. The catechins in green tea can suppress the growth of bacteria, so it helps reduce bad breath, prevents teeth stains, and gives you fresh breath on the go.
3) Helps in Weight Loss:
Green tea also helps you in weight loss because it boosts your metabolism, and some researchers found that green tea reduces body fat.
If you drink green tea for a few weeks, it helps you burn additional fat, which is not suitable for your body. If you are diet conscious and want to feel light, then add green tea to your monthly grocery list.
4) Boosts Brain Function:
Green tea is not just a drink. It is a full package of health benefits, but you don’t know that green tea also makes you feel more active because green tea contains caffeine. Green tea share this benefits with matcha tea.
Because caffeine contains brain-boosting compounds that make you feel more energetic and less sleepy.
5) Good for Diabetes:
Green tea contains zero sugar, and it also has no calories just like earl grey tea. It also helps boost the immune system it is also very beneficial in balancing the sugar level in your body green tea improves insulin insensitivity and blood sugar levels.
6) Helps you to Relax:
Green tea contains a chemical called theanine that gives you a calm feeling. If you are not feeling good after a long and hectic day, sit on a sofa or chair on your balcony and take a sip of your green tea. It helps you feel good and fresh.
7) Fights Inflammation:
Green tea is proven to fight inflammation in your body because green tea contains anti-inflammatory effects and protects cell DNA. It also has antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial properties, and they work against inflammation.
So now, when someone says that green tea is bitter or it does not tastes as good as it is shown. We believe that you have the answer to that and that is people still don’t know how to brew green tea.
Some would still say that their method is the right one. But we have personally tested brewing green tea in this way and we can certainly say that this method is the best way to brew the best green tea.
We have also explained to you some tips and benefits that green tea has for your body so, you don’t have much to ponder upon now.
All of the above explanation leads to only one question: What is stopping you now from brewing the best green tea?