Finding difficult to choose better tea for yourself from English breakfast tea vs Earl grey tea? Well, the base of both the teas is black tea. Earl Grey tea contains bergamot extract, on the other side English breakfast tea doesn’t.
But it’s not the only difference between these two delicious types of tea. There are differences in taste, health benefits, and side effects.
In this article, we’re going to give you exactly what you are looking for. We will differentiate both types of tea by discussing their taste, blends, etc.
What Will I Learn?
- Differences Between English Breakfast Tea & Earl Grey
- What is English Breakfast Tea?
- What Does English Breakfast Tea Taste Like?
- Health Benefits of English Breakfast Tea
- Side Effects of English Breakfast Tea
- What is Earl Grey Tea?
- What Does Earl Grey Taste Like?
- Health Benefits of Earl Grey Tea
- Side Effects of Earl Grey Tea
- Conclusion: –
So, keep your pen ready to take notes of it, and don’t miss out on anything below.
Nutrients Per Serving Earl Grey Tea English Breakfast Tea
Carbs 2.9 g 0.1 g
Protein 2.1 g 0.1 g
Fats 2.1 g 0.1 g
Calories 38 2
Differences Between English Breakfast Tea & Earl Grey
- One of the major difference is that both English Breakfast & Earl Grey Tea has their unique tastes.
- The manufacturing process of both types of tea is different.
- Also, the ratio of caffeine content in both the earl grey tea and English breakfast tea is different.
- Both types belongs from different origins.
- Also, both have multiple health benefits and side effects as well.
You can check the detailed difference analysis in this article below.
What is English Breakfast Tea?
English breakfast tea is a traditional blend of black tea. It has the same recipe as black tea. But the taste and recipe may vary from one tea maker to another. The taste of English breaks fast tea is strong and classy.
Taste is the main reason that’s why it’s the go-to tea of English People. You can also enhance the richness of taste by adding milk and sugar.
Moreover, most of the tea leaves are sourced from numerous states such as East Africa, Ceylon, and Assam.
What Does English Breakfast Tea Taste Like?
The ultimate taste of English breakfast tea is stronger and robust. The flavor of this tea is bolder than green tea. you will feel mildly sweet and bitter undernotes while enjoying a cup of this tea.
The rich flavor of English breakfast tea will make you alert and focused in the morning. The taste may be different depending on the maker.
Health Benefits of English Breakfast Tea
There are multiple health benefits of English breakfast tea, that make people fall in love with this tea. it contains catechins and antioxidants. Also, many biologically active chemicals are present in it such as flavonoids, caffeine, and theanine.
So, let’s give it a look at the health benefits of English breakfast tea.
- English breakfast tea contains flavonoids, which reduce the bad cholesterol level. Also, reduce blood clotting.
- Antioxidant components of English breakfast tea reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- English breakfast tea may help weight loss. Because it’s low in calories.
- This tea plays a vital role in controlling blood sugar levels.
- It contains L-theanine and caffeine, which make you attentive and focused.
Side Effects of English Breakfast Tea
As we know, English breakfast tea contains chemical components such as caffeine. It may be harmful to your mental and physical health.
So, yeah! Now we will put some light on the dark side of English breakfast tea.
- Excessive consumption of English breakfast tea may discolor your teeth.
- If you drink 6 – 8 cups per day, then you may feel stomach problems.
- English breakfast tea may reduce iron absorption, which may cause bone damage.
- The caffeine content of this tea may disturb your sleep pattern.
- A high intake of English breakfast tea may lead to abortion.
What is Earl Grey Tea?
Earl Grey tea is one of the most renowned and bold blends of tea in the world. Earl grey tea is made from bergamot extract and black tea. The base of this tea is black tea.
This tea made English people fall in love with its taste. The first time, Earl Grey tea was made by a Chinese mandarin tea master as a gift for Charles Grey.
During the manufacturing process of this tea, they add flavor or scent to dried leaves.
Most people love its original taste without adding sugar or milk. But if you want a creamy and soothing flavor, then you can add milk and sugar.
What Does Earl Grey Taste Like?
The taste of earl grey tea is floral with citrus and sharp. You’ll feel citrus notes with a bit of a grapefruit flavor on every sip.
They add bergamot oil and dried peels of multiple fruits to make the taste bold and classy. You can check our Earl grey tea guide for more information.
Health Benefits of Earl Grey Tea
Earl Grey tea contains catechins, amino acids, and antioxidants. Multiple health benefits of earl grey tea may make you fall in love with this tea.
So, without wasting more time, check out what is listed below.
- Earl grey tea is known for balance blood pressure levels and blood sugar levels.
- It can improve your heart health by eliminating free radicals.
- Also, earl grey tea contains flavanones, which may produce good cholesterol and reduce bad cholesterol levels.
- Flavonoids in earl grey tea may reduce digestive issues.
- If you consume 2 – 3 cups per day, it may prevent a stomach ulcer.
Side Effects of Earl Grey Tea
Generally, earl grey tea is considered a safe tea to drink. But there are some drawbacks to this tea. you should aware of the side effects of this delicious tea.
- Consumption of 6 – 8 cups of earl grey tea per day, may lead to muscle cramps.
- Also, earl grey tea may block the absorption of potassium.
- It contains caffeine, irregular intake of this tea may cause jitters and anxiety.
- If you are pregnant, then avoid this tea. it may increase the chances of miscarriage.
- Earl Grey tea contains components that may block iron absorption.
So, in this post, we have analyzed both English breakfast tea and earl grey tea briefly. Hopefully, we made it easy for you to choose the best from English breakfast tea vs earl grey tea.
Kindly tell us which tea you find best for yourself. Always remember one thing that both teas contain caffeine. So, always monitor your diet to stay healthy.