Iced green tea is the best way to refresh yourself during summer. It is a healthy and revitalizing beverage to quench your thirst and enjoy with your family. Pick your favorite flavor of iced green tea over juice & soda this season and be surprised to reap its amazing benefits.
Here’s an easy and simple Iced green tea recipe that has ingredients available in your kitchen. Making it is even easier. Your kids and friend would love it.
How To Make Classic Iced Green Tea
Classic Iced Green Tea
- 3 Cups Water
- 3 Teabags Green Tea or Loose Green Tea Leaves
- 3 Cups Ice
- 2 tsp Sugar or Honey/Stevia
- Pour the water in the saucepan and put it to boil on your stove.
- You can measure the temperature to 190° or wait until bubbles form and its completely boiled.
- Turn off the flame or remove from heat once done. Add the teabags or 2 tsp. of green tea and let it brew for 5 minutes.
- When the green tea leaves its color and is properly steeped, take out the teabags and wait for this brew to cool down for another ten minutes.
- Fill 2 cups with ice and pour the cooled liquid over it.
- Add sweetener if needed.
- Ready to serve.
What Are The Benefits of Classic Iced Green Tea?
Studies have proven the benefits of Iced Green Tea and some of the most prominent are the ones below:
- Ice green tea is one of the most healthy drinks which provides nutrition and freshness to the body.
- It is full of catechins that are antioxidants that help fight diseases. Thus, makes your immune system stronger.
- Due to a compound in green tea called polyphenols, this drink makes your skin clear by reducing fine lines, wrinkles and saves it from the damaging sun rays.
- Studies suggest that green tea increases longevity and reduces the chances of a heart attack.
- Therefore it is the best option. Next time when you want to rehydrate yourself make some iced green tea instead of grabbing a soda.
How To Make Iced Green Tea For Weight Loss
Instead of worrying about the extra fat in your body, shed your pounds in a cool fun way. Try our low-calorie iced green tea recipe. This will not only aid weight loss but energize your body with added benefits as well.
This recipe includes mint and lime which clears the toxins out of your body, makes you feel lighter, and reduces the belly fat around your weight.
What else can one wish for?
Iced Green Tea For Weight Loss
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tea bag Green tea
- 1/2 (Small Lime) Lime Juice
- 5-6 Mint Leaves
- 1 Cup Ice
- Heat water until bubbles are formed.
- Put the green tea bag in a glass and pour the water over it.
- Let it steep for 5 minutes.
- Add mint leaves in the brewing tea so that they can release the nutrients in water.
- Once the tea is cooled. Add ice and lime juice in it
- Ready to serve.
What Are The Benefits of Iced Green Tea For Weight Loss?
This beverage is specially made to reduce weight. Therefore, all the ingredients added to this drink act as weight-reducing agents to the body.
This recipe for weight loss is the best drink that detoxifies your body and releases all toxins inside.
Lemon is packed with Vitamin C that assists in collagen formation that is great for skin repairing. It also minimizes the damage caused by unhealthy eating habits, smoke, stress, and pollution.
Mint act as a regulator in the body. It is best for digestion and keeps your tummy troubles at bay. It also speeds digestion and has anti-inflammatory properties. Thus, reduces bloat and calms your stomach muscles.
Therefore, on the whole mint & lemon in this recipe along with the green tea benefits helps in making your metabolism faster which in return burns more calories.
To Wrap It Up!
Iced green tea makes a great detox drink. You can use it daily for weight loss, serve in your cocktail parties and even introduce it to your kids instead of carbonated drinks.
You can make it with many variations.
We showed you simple classic recipe that will manage your health and weight loss recipe, one that will manage your weight.
Take it as it is or add fruits according to the season, your call!