Lavender Tea comes from the Lavandula angustifolia plant. The tea is made by brewing the purple buds of the plant with hot water.
Lavender tea is famous for its health benefits as the plant helps in calming your nervous system. Moreover, tea extracts are best for improving sleep and skin health.
What Will I Learn?
- 8 Amazing Health Benefits of Lavender Tea
- Flavor Profile of Lavender Tea
- How to Make the Basic Lavender Tea
- Side Effects of Lavender Tea
8 Amazing Health Benefits of Lavender Tea
Lavender has a wealth of health benefits. It encapsulates many health benefits through its relaxing properties and aroma.
Here we jotted down the list of health benefits of lavender tea:
1) Heal Sleeping Disorders
The most notable medical advantage of this tea is its capacity to propagate calmness. It can resolve the problems like lack of sleep and other sleep disorders.
The difficulty in sleeping is a big issue for many people around the world. The healing element of the lavender extract solves the hindrances in sleep.
Drinking this beverage before sleep can assist you in getting a sound sleep. The tea helps to relax the mind by activating the chemical simulations in the brain.
Lavender tea promotes a happiness compound called dopamine in the nervous system. The tea reduces the hormone cortisol, which causes stress and results in better sleep.
2) Improves Mood
The lavender extracts best works as an aromatherapy agent that helps with anxiety.
The lavender buds have healing compounds that help in stimulating brain functioning. The tea relaxes your mind by inducing happiness chemicals like dopamine and serotonin.
The chemical compound in the tea helps in improving your mood and brain functioning.
3) Reduce Inflammation
Drinking lavender tea can speed up anti-inflammatory actions that can reduce Inflammation. The tea can forestall cardiovascular failures by removing blood clotting in blood vessels.
The tea helps ease the pain of muscles and joints by decreasing Inflammation. The relieving fragrance of lavender buds limits muscle spasms.
4) Improves Digestive System
Lavender tea fixes stomach-related problems ranging from stomach cramps to loose bowels.
The tea can help in relieving the affected stomach muscles and bloating problems. The antispasmodic impacts of the tea can help reduce acid reflux and constipation.
The fantastic aroma of the lavender buds is best for smoothing out the digestive system.
The fragrance of the tea can treat queasiness by activating biochemical reactions in the cerebrum.
5) Aids Functioning of Respiratory System
Lavender tea helps in improving the breathing issues by opening blocked airways.
The calming qualities of the tea relieve swollen muscles and promote better breathing.
The antibacterial properties of the tea can dispose of the microbes that cause chest blockage.
6) Detoxifies the Body
Lavender tea plays a vital role in detoxifying the body. The antioxidant properties in the lavender remove the harmful toxins from the body.
Moreover, the toxins present in the body can affect the healthy working of the body.
Lavender tea can reduce the harmful consequences of smoking and excessive drinking.
7) Improves Skin Health
The anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties of the lavender buds promote good skin health.
The tea is best to fight skin problems like allergies, acne, and wrinkles.
Moreover, lavender oil extracts can heal wounds and inflammatory skin conditions.
The soothing extracts of the lavender buds can promote collagen formation.
8) Soothe Menstrual Cramps
Women often face lower abdomen pain and cramping during their menstrual cycle. The soothing properties of the tea can reduce the pain and bloat during periods.
Moreover, the smell of the lavender buds can reduce painful cramps. It would be best to drink this tea, especially in the menstrual cycle, to relieve cramps.
Flavor Profile of Lavender Tea
Lavender tea flaunts a particular flavor and sweet-smelling aroma. It offers a mystical experience with its purity-enriched purple buds.
Moreover, the beverage offers a quality experience to tea lovers.
How to Make the Basic Lavender Tea
The recipe is simple and easy to make with few ingredients. Below is a list of ingredients and directions to make a fantastic cup of lavender tea:
- 8 ounces of fresh Filtered Water
- Two tbsp. of Fresh or dried Lavender flowers
- Tea pincer or Infuser
- Take a saucepan and add water to it for boiling.
- Add the fresh lavender flowers in either a tea infuser or tea pincer.
- Turn back to the simmering water and pour it into the cup.
- Steep the lavender flowers for 8 to 10 minutes. Remember, the longer you will soak the lavender, the stronger the flavor will be.
- Stain the loose flowers of lavender from the water.
- Enjoy the warm cup of tea; you can also add sweeteners like sugar, honey, or lemon.
Side Effects of Lavender Tea
Lavender tea is no doubt a beneficial tea as it improves the healthy functioning of your body. But, there are some side effects of the tea that you must consider before drinking it.
Keeping your radars of precautions turned on, let’s look at the following side effects:
- Many people face different types of skin allergies. The lavender flowers may cause allergies in some people. If you have any severe skin problems, then do consult your doctor before drinking this tea.
- Moreover, the tea may cause skin rash, difficulty in breathing, or throat irritation.
- People often tend to prepare lavender tea using its essential oils. It would be best to keep in mind that the lavender oils are concentrated.
- Moreover, it would be best if you use them with the guidance of a certified aroma therapist.
Lavender tea is a perfect beverage to enjoy and relax your mind after a hectic day. Moreover, the tea is best for treating many health issues and promote overall well-being.
The tea is best to soothe your nerves and body and activates your nervous system. Moreover, people who face specific skin allergies should avoid this tea.