During pregnancy, you need to be careful. You can’t enjoy wine and cocktails with your friends. But as a tea lover, it’s difficult to resist yourself to enjoy a cup of tea.
In this article, we’ll discuss, how rooibos tea protects you from multiple health issues during pregnancy.
So, let’s explore the positive effects of rooibos tea on the health of pregnant women.
Rooibos Tea Recipe
- 8 oz water.
- 1 tsp Rooibos Tea.
- Milk (as per taste).
- Pour the spring or filtered water into a tea kettle and start boiling it.
- When the water starts boiling, add the Rooibos Tea leaves. There is no general rule, but using 8 Oz of water with Rooibos Tea Leaves' tea spoon gives the best taste to the tea.
- Steep the Rooibos tea for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Filter the tea out, removing any solid leaves of Rooibos, and add a splash of milk to taste.
5 Key Health Benefits of Rooibos Tea During Pregnancy
Rooibos tea is fully loaded with antioxidants and catechins, which are beneficial for your health. It can improve your digestive system and bone health.
The following list of benefits is enough to make you a fan of this amazing tea.
1) Strengthens the Digestive System:
One of the common issues that all pregnant women face is digestion during pregnancy. We often observe that their stomach mostly remains upset.
During pregnancy, it is widespread for women to have digestion issues like constipation, diarrhea, and vomiting, etc. This happens because of women and baby’s different food preferences, and thus vomits take place.
To their relief, Rooibos tea can be an excellent digestion booster. As it is a herbal tea and its ingredients are entirely caffeine-free, Rooibos Tea can be a great agent to keep the digestive system on track.
2) Great for Bone Health:
Rooibos tea contains potent compounds that keep bone health intact and increase cell development that helps in maintaining bone mass at a high value. These components are similar to Matcha tea and Green tea.
As a pregnant woman, the most important thing is keeping the bones healthier. That’s why during pregnancy, every bit of energy and power is vital for women.
Every woman’s trouble during pregnancy is that she is raising a baby inside her, which gets her internal calcium reduced to a shallow extent.
This is the exact reason women suffer from low calcium in the form of weak bones. Sometimes the bones become so soft that a slight twist in the ankle is enough to break your ankle bone.
3) Increase Antioxidants in Body:
One excellent benefit Rooibos Tea has it is the go-to tea for increasing antioxidants in the body. It contains plant-based nutrients that help as an anti-inflammation agent.
We all know the significant benefits of antioxidants in our body. They help clean our body from the inside and remove any harmful compounds that can cause us severe diseases like Cancers, heart problems, and much more.
During pregnancy, it is more than essential to provide the baby all the necessary care.
4) Improve Cholesterol:
Everybody, including pregnant women, should always keep a check on their cholesterol levels. Cholesterols are of two types, Good and Bad. Bad Cholesterol is one to be always kept at lower levels.
During Pregnancy, women sometimes get an increase in their bad cholesterol, which may cause complications during pregnancy and heart diseases. That’s where the rooibos tea helps during Pregnancy.
Its ingredients keep the Bad Cholesterol level in check, and that’s how a woman can be safe from developing a heart condition or any troubles during Pregnancy. Also, you can get these benefits by drinking earl grey tea.
5) Peaceful Night Sleep:
During pregnancy, most women often get disturbed by a slight sound. That’s how volatile their night sleep is. Rooibos tea provides a great solution to this problem for pregnant women.
This volatility in their sleep is because of nature’s protection given to a mother. She always tends to stay alert to protect her baby. As a result, women face sleep deprivation.
As rooibos tea contains antioxidants and enzymes that boost a peaceful night’s sleep, it makes women sleep better during pregnancy.
This is beneficial not only for them but their babies as well because if the mother stays peaceful, the better and more freely the baby can grow.
Tips about drinking Rooibos Tea during Pregnancy:
We have already explained Rooibos Tea and its benefits, and these tips would help enhance the Rooibos Tea experience.
- The dosage recommended worldwide for best results is at anyway between 1-3 teaspoons of rooibos leaves filled in steeping water. That’s why, the ideal dosage of rooibos tea should be between 2-3 times a day.
- We often have to add artificial sweetener or sugar in our tea to make it sweet. This make us more prone to dangerous diseases like diabetes.
- On the other hand rooibos tea has a naturally sweet taste, so you don’t need any sugar or artificial sweeteners to enhance your flavor.
- Unlike other teas and coffee flavors, it does not have a bitter taste as well. So, there wont be any complain from a pregnant woman that this tea wont work for them.
- It is usually served with hot water but depending upon the user’s taste, therefore one may also drink it with cold water.
- Its numerous health benefits make it a great choice not only for pregnant women but also for everyone, including children.
- In South Africa, this tea is served to even children, this alone is enough for us to understand how safe it is to drink rooibos tea.
So, now when somebody asks if it is safe to drink Rooibos Tea during Pregnancy, therefore, we believe we have answered it is pretty safe to use during pregnancy.
Keep in mind that as there are many health benefits of using Rooibos Tea during Pregnancy, there might be some complications. Therefore, if you do not feel well after drinking rooibos tea during Pregnancy, we would advise you to visit your doctor.